Sunday, May 16, 2010

Comic Strip Reading

Dear Readers,

I remember as a child the first thing I would read on Sunday morning was the Sunday comics. I think I was drawn to them as a child because of the colorful drawings. In fact, this was the only section of the paper that was available because my mom was looking at the sales papers while my dad read the other sections of the paper.

I quickly saw myself in my daughter when she began reading the comics in the daily newspaper. This alone was enough for me to continue the home subscription instead of the purchasing the online edition. Every morning before we leave for work my daughter runs to pick up the paper out of the driveway and take it to the car. The trip to school takes about 20 to 25 minutes, just enough time for her to read her favorite comics.

I made a mental note to always keep something for her to read in the car. Parents this is the easy way to make sure that your child reads 20 minutes a day.