Monday, November 25, 2013

Just an ordinary 8th grader...

Dear Readers,

Let's pretend I am in the 8th grade.  My days are so busy, they are filled with school work, classes such as English, Math, Social Studies, Writing, Reading, Music, and P.E.  I have so much to learn in all of my classes.  I have homework, homework, homework and more homework from school.  At home I also have to do my chores, talk to my friends on the phone, send texts to my friends and post on my instagram among other things. 

When do I have time to think about college?  Yes, I think I know what I want to be when I grow up but what steps do I take and how long will it take to get there?

Keep your options open - Research the field of study to make sure this is going to be your career choice.  Shadow someone in the field of study that you are interested in.

You have plenty of time, but you will have to prepare properly to determine what interests you, find out what you are good at and how to put the two together to form your career or field of study.

So just keep your options open...