Wednesday, October 6, 2010

6 Questions for Parent-Teacher Conferences

Dear Readers,

Parent-Teacher Conferences are just around the corner. You are probably wondering what to ask the teacher during the conference.

Here is a list of questions to ask during the conference:

1. What skills and knowledge will my child be expected to master this year in English, Math, Science, History?
2. How do you inform students about the academic standards they're expected to meet?
3. What kind of projects and assignments have you planned that will help my child meet higher academic standards?
4. How are grades determined in your classroom?
5. What can I do to stay more involved in my child's academic progress?
6. How can I support teachers' efforts in implementing higher academic standards?


Source: http://school.familyeducation.com