Friday, October 1, 2010

Favorite Books

Dear Readers,

Does your child have a favorite book that he/she loves to read every day or night? My son's favorite book was "The Gingerbread Man", which became my favorite book also. What would you expect after reading this book every night, I would show him the pictures while I read each page. After a while he had memorized the book and would say the words with me, even though he could not read them at the age of three (3).
Try this for fun:
What you will need:
- construction paper
- cut pictures from a magazine or newspaper
- markers
- glue
- stapler

Steps:
Fold 2 sheets of construction paper and staple them on the crease to make a book.
Let your child pick a title for the book.
Help your child pick out pictures that have to do with the title and glue them into the book.
Let your child share his/her book with a family member or friend.