Monday, January 16, 2012

Don't forget to say "Thanks"

Dear Readers,

Teach your children the value of saying Thank-you, and as parents we should practice saying these words of expression to our children and others, too.

I recently experienced an illness where all I could do was stay in the bed. My daughter was there to help me recover. She fed me a sandwich and poured tea in the bottle cap for me to drink. I was amazed at how attentive and caring she was to my physical needs. She made sure that no one disturbed me while I was ill. She deserves a million thanks for her thoughtfullness.

When I asked her why she stayed by my bedside and cared for me she answered, "Mom that is how you care for me when I am sick to make me feel better." Remember my post about parents being examples? Children are watching your actions at all times.