Sunday, January 22, 2012

Saying I Love You

Dear Readers,

How often do you tell your children, spouse and others "I love you"? Everyone needs to know that they are loved and appreciated. Tell your children everyday that you love and appreciate them. No matter the age of the child, they still want to be loved and shown love. I realized this when I heard an adult say that they wished they could get a hug from their mom. Let your child know they are loved no matter what the age baby, toddler, young adult, and adult.

That let me know that hugs are important no matter what the age. So how about a hug? Show and tell your children that you love them. Did you know that research shows that if young children are deprived of the physical touch and affection that they often fail to thrive. The older your child gets they will want to be shown love and affection in different ways. When my son was in Junior High School, I had to get my hugs at home because he would not hug me before he got out of the car at school (an every day occurance when he was in grade school). You have to know what type of affection your child wants to give and accept at the various ages.

Sometimes my daughter will walk up to me and give me a hug. When I ask her why she remarks, Ma I love you. This of course warms my heart. I eagerly accepts these hugs when I get them because I remember when I had to go and get the hugs from my son. Hopefully girls are different from boys and continue to show love and affection.